question-icon

Suggest treatment for dog bite

Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016
Question: Hello Sir, I am Er. Ankit, Last Saturday(25.06.2016) i visited XXXXXXX and there i got nail scratch by monkey. I visited doctor on same day and got 2 injection, 1 tetanus and other anti rabies vaccine injection. I have taken 2nd injection on 3rd day i.e. on 28.06.2016 as per schedule [0-3]. As in my childhood i was bitten by a dog and i have already taken fool course of anti rabies vaccine and this time doctor advised me that not to take any further vaccine. Only 2 injection of vaccine is sufficient. Please advice me so as to avoid future consequencies.
Answered by Dr. Dr. Veerisetty Shyam kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You are absolutely fine

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query on healthcare magic.
I read your message. For a person bitten by monkey, the following management is required, which is 1 dose of tetanus along with 1st dose of rabies vaccine on day 0.
On day 3, 2nd dose of rabies vaccines is enough.
These 0,3 doses are considered as post prophylaxis treatment which you had.
Your doctor has given you absolute fine treatment, so do not worry.
Now you are in a safer side and you will not have any side effects also.
So be relaxed.

Get back to me if any query.

Dr VSK
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Dr. Veerisetty Shyam kumar