Suggest treatment for dog bite

Posted on Wed, 22 Oct 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I was bit by a dog just above the wrist on the top it bled heavily and swelled instantly. I am self treating with amoxicillin and soaking in epsom salt bath twice a day. There is bruising on the top of my hand by my fingers and the bottom of my arm. The bruising is now turning red. I have switched to a warm water epsom salt soak. No red line. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am not sure as pictures are not very clear, but it seems that it is infection-- cellulitis. I advise you to see a physician as soon as possible. It might be that amoxicillin as not working properly
probably you need to take a strong antibiotics with antiinflammatory and yes Tetanus injection also.
take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Alokkalyani 21 minutes later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:
and take care
Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist