Suggest treatment for dizziness while standing and yellow rings in the field of vision

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 25 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: the past year and a half I had serious kidney stone impact ion on right kidney, four hospital stays. The only lasting setback is dizziness upon standing and a bright yellow ring in my vision that last only moments. I have been taken off all blood pressure meds in the last few months and that helped. The symptoms have returned each time I stand. Walking can cause shortness of breath occasional. Up until this hydronephosis scenario I would swim four times a week; no symptoms as listed above. I am on pain medication for years with no such side affects.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to elevated blood pressure

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

I have gone carefully through your question. However, I would need to ask that when was the last time you have got your blood pressure checked? The mentioned symptoms could be due to elevated blood pressure. The eye symptoms could be due to glaucoma which can be due to elevated eye pressure. Please let me know after getting your blood pressure checked and I will guide you accordingly.

I would wait for your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng