Suggest treatment for dizziness, nausea and blurred vision

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Sat, 4 Jul 2015 in General Health
Question: In the past 3 weeks I've experienced some dizziness, nausea, loss of balance, confusion, blurred vision..

May 23rd-did not have a headache or anything. It was a good day. I was walking and all of a sudden my body starting going to the left for maybe 5 seconds. I was trying to stand straight but I couldn't. The only thing that stop me from falling was a chair. This happen again 5 hours later

May 29th- I had laparoscopy surgery for endometriosis. Pouring the recovery week, my right leg was hurting a lot and beginning to develop blood clot but I used those electric pads to squeeze my legs to get the circulation going.
XXXXXXX 7th- begin to have slight headache over the week the headache got worse. I thought it was just my sinuses but it felt more intense than my usual sinusitis. Extreme dizziness, nausea, confusion, since of vertigo.
XXXXXXX 12th-finally went to Clinic. Dr diagnosed me with severe sound infection, but he was concerned about the incident I have discussed to you on May 23rd. He sent me to the ER for CT Scan. It came back normal, but I'm still having severe dizziness, migraine, and I'm still concerned about my confusion and the incident that happen on May 23rd.

The ER doctor referred me to a neurologist. Should I gave an MRI?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mri brain for sure

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I think I would be able to help you.
The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible PCA stroke.
In this, CT scan has a limited role.
I would definitely suggest a MRI BRAIN for you.
Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 hours later
If so why this didn't show on th CT scan
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mri is better

Detailed Answer:
ct is not a very good test for the PCA territory pathologies. MRI is a better idea for that.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T