• question-icon

Suggest treatment for dizziness, dysuria and bladder pain

Posted on Tue, 2 Feb 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: What are the possible causes of slow painful urination and bladder pain and what treatment would be appropriate? I am 24 years old. I'm also dizzy and lightheaded.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably a urinary tract infection!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this slow and painful urination. This is typical of a UTI. Because you have received medications before, I will not want to blindly treat at this time. I will rather recommend that we get a urine culture to identify the exact germ causing this condition and what antibiotics is able to eradicate it. Also, it will be very important that we go ahead and look for possible contributing factors as recurrent infections especially in a man could be explained by some other factors as well. In all, lets get a urine culture to pinpoint the cause, identify the best antibiotics and look for contributing factors before treating. Drinking much water is also a helpful tip to aid in cleansing the urinary pathways.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 minutes later
Part of the past treatments have included urine cultures that came back negative at that time, is a new urine culture still advised?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes!

Detailed Answer:

Urine cultures could turn out negative if poorly collected or taken after starting drugs. I strongly recommend another before starting any medications. This way, we will not get misleading results. Should this return negative, then the cause would probably be an atypical germ or something else that needs further investigations to establish the exact nature.

I wish you well.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah