Suggest treatment for dizziness, anxiety and headache

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: the other night i had a bad night sleep went to bed about 1230am n woke up at 430am.. I stayed up till about 7am.. then went back to sleep.. ever since then ive been exhausted for last 2 days.. I feel like I can sleep for days.. n have been sleeping alot.. im very dizzy n groggy from it.. is this just bc I was off on sleep for that one day n then I just been getting too much sleep.. I also have my period it just started yesterday night.. not sure if that has anything to do with it.. I think I feel out of it bc I slept too much.. do you have any insight?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to excess sleep

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to healthcare magic.
I have read your your question and understand your concern.

All issue you have can be due to much sleep you have done after one day of bad sleep and due to hormonal changes due to periods.
Hence try to be active , at least take a walk for 30 minutes outdoor until you will feel better.
If you will be weak and you will have sleep issue than contact with a doctor.
Hope I was helpful and please feel free for further discussion.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 25 hours later
the sleeping is no longer an issue.. im super dizzy though.. n have been getting headaches not bad ones XXXXXXX ones just enough to be annoying.. n im cold alot but no fever.. I do have anxiety but haven't been anxious for over 4 days now.. im very calm
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are many reasons that can cause dizzy feeling

Detailed Answer:
Hi again!

Feeling dizzy have many reasons but I will need these details to help you:

Whether the dizziness started for no apparent reason, or if it followed an illness

Do you have migraine or a simple headache because dizziness may come on before or after the headache, or even without the headache.
Do you have Stress or anxiety – particularly if you tend to hyperventilate (breathe abnormally quickly when resting).
Some medication can cause dizzy feeling,do you take any medications ?!

Whether you have repeated episodes of dizziness and, if so, when you tend to experience these

How long the dizziness lasts

Please write me back .

Best regards
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 2 hours later
the dizziness never ends it's all day.. n yes it's a simple headache not a migraine but it's there everyday too.. im on meds lexapro 15 mgs remron 15 mgs. klonopin .5mgs 2x a day n perphenazine 2mgs.. everything ive been on for years except the perphenazine i started that 3 weeks ago.. but I was fine on it till just 5 days ago.. yes I stress n have anxiety but like i said ive been calm for the last 5 days so that doesn't make sense to me..
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dizziness can be a side effect of perphenazine

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again!

If you have been good before you have used perphenazine than dizziness can be due to it's use .
Are known side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness caused form the use of perphenazine .

Hence contact with your follow-up doctor and tell him/her for this health issue you are facing these days,because if dizziness is a side effect of perphenazine you should stop it.

Please feel free for further discussion.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad