Suggest treatment for dizziness and sharp pain in the left temple

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have moderate sharp pain in my left temple and slight dizziness. This is new, first experienced this afternoon. Should I seek urgent care?
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
self care & needful expert advise would help.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query through health care magic.
I have read it & would try to suggest way out from the problem .. to my best
The temporal pain you have could be from a number of origins.
- It can be simple sleeplessness/excessive stress ( both physical & psychological.)
-Allergic temporal sinusitis with involvement of eustachian tube causing raised pressue in ear &dizziness with pain.
-Mild raised blood pressure.
- Refractry error in eyes... affecting vision. This can be early sign of affected eye sight.
*Recognition of cause is needed for getting relief.
In this context you should get a help of your family physician first. After primary evaluation of the health he would either start treatment himself
or would refer you to an ENT or Eye doctor for an expert advise & management.
The treatment would be cause specific.
* Self care- Till then.. you can-
-Take rest/avoid stress .
-Inhale vapor if you have symptoms of cold.
- Avoid known allergens .. if any.
- Avoid straining eyes if you feel vision affection.
-Take a pill of Paracetamol after food twice a day..after food.
*Thus with expert advise & specific treatment would help you out of the problem.
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
In case you don't have any... please close the query &grade the answer before you leave.
Thank you.