Suggest treatment for dizziness and pinched nerve post rotator cuff surgery

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello, I have been experiencing dizziness, equilibrium off, and nausea since yesterday. I am 65, in very good health, but am currently in physical therapy and recovering from rotator cuff surgery. Monday after returning from PT I was extremely sore and felt a pinch in my neck, iced it, but when I was sleeping that evening it was happening, and was intensely sore the next day. I laid low yesterday hoping to recover, but today while it is better it is still happening
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to cervical spondylitis

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think you might have cervical spondylitis. Some time during cuff surgery neck movements can increase spondylitis. I have seen this in my few patients. You need to Do this.
1.Avoid using very high pillow.
2. Take spin free tablet one daily.
3. Avoid travelling and jerky to neck. You can use soft cervical coller.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. let me know if there is any other followup questions. thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj