Suggest treatment for dizziness and palpitations

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: feeling of diziness with heart palpatations and internal weakness. i have uploaded my ecg plz check for any abnormality. This feeling is since many years but i have ignored it. some time back i was on beta blockers but now m drug free. plz check my ECG
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ecg is normal

Detailed Answer:
hello,
Your ecg is normal. There are many causes for this and likelihood of heart diseases is less in this age groups. The common causes are anxiety, low hemoglobin, thyroid problems, heart diseases etc. and low hemoglobin is the commonest cause.
So you should get hemoglobin, thyroid test done. If abnormalities are detected then can be treated appropriately. If having any anxiety then try yoga, deep breathing exercises, meditation etc. You can get one echo done if above tests are inconclusive.
In treatment, you can restart beta blockers for some duration. Avoid coffee or too much of tea, any cola drinks.
During palpitations and other symptoms, just try to count your heart beat or pulse in one minute, if it's very high, say 140-150, then we have to keep the possibility of arrhythmias also or if possible try to get ecg done during symptoms. This is helps us to rule out heart disease for sure.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana