Suggest treatment for dizziness and nausea

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Age 64, I work out daily. 6 foot 210. I get dizzy and have crazy dreams once or twice a year. Have had fainting spells I think because I dint drink enough water. Dizzy and nausea for two days. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
need to check blood pressure and glucose level

Detailed Answer:

It is good that you do daily workout.

Dreams do not cause any health problem.And once or twice a year such type of dreams is not all significant.

Your problem of dizziness and nausea is likely due to low blood pressure or low blood glucose level.

Yes you may be right that less drinking of water may lead to hypotension and causes dizziness.

You are already on medicine for blood pressure so possibility of hypo tension(low blood pressure) is more.
Some times hypoglycemia(low glucose level can also cause such problem) also causes such problem.

You need to go to doctor and check your blood pressure and glucose level when you feel such symptoms.

And yes keep drinking enough water as driven by your thirst.

And one more possibility at this age is transient ischemic attack(TIA) as history of fainting is there. You need to consult neurophysican for proper check up and if needed MRI brain should be done once.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist