Suggest treatment for dizziness and lower back pain
Thank you for your query.
I'm Dr. Shuba Hariprasad and will be answering your query today.
Based on your symptoms, I believe you are dehydrated. I would also like to primarily rule out spondylosis of the cervical (neck area) and lumbar spine.
- what color is your urine? Any constipation?
- what and how do you mean you are disoriented? (not able to focus or forgetting things?, for instance)
-any other medical conditions and medications?
- increase your water intake (if you don't have any medical conditions that contraindicated increased water intake). Caffeine, sugary & carbonated drinks don't count & should be avoided. (Gatorade is good and replaces electrolytes - don't have more than 1 a day though)
- hot compresses to the lower back and applications of anti inflammatory gels in gentle circular motion should help ease pain (do not massage too hard). After an hour apply ice pack to the area.
If the above measures don't help in 2 days, I suggest :
-a physician consult
-blood tests (complete blood count, electrolytes, kidney function tests)
- x-ray of your spine to check for any spondylosis
If you develop severe headaches, loss of balance, have blackout, any tremors or weakness in your arms or legs, chest discomfort, breathing difficulty, please see a doctor immediately or visit the ER.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Wish you good health
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower back pain and dizziness
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic back pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain and cramps
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal and lower back pain
- Treatment for lower back pain