Suggest treatment for dizziness and loss of balance

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I think I might not have washed my hands after doing no 2 and this may be the cause of my illness
I get severe dizziness when I stand up I an t hold my balance and yesterday I omitted twice
The dizziness has not gone away and I am in day2
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This is called postural drop.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

In my opinion you have having postural drop , postural drop means sudden lowering of blood pressure when a person gets up from a resting position like sitting or lying down.

It can be caused by your BP meds, I would like you to check your blood pressure while lying down and then get it checked in standing possition immediately after getting up after lying position (getting up atleast after 10 mins of lying).

If there is a difference more than 10 then you are having a postural drop.

Best therapy.is to half the dose of the med and still if creates problem you can change the med and take some other type of BP med which doesn't cause postural drop.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..