Suggest treatment for dizziness and headache after a fibroid removal suregry
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX
Possible Orthostatic hypotension?Need few more tests for confirmation.
I can certainly understand your concern.
As per your symptoms, you possibly seem to have Autonomic dysfunction.
Additionally, NORTRIPTYLINE can contribute to some degree of sedation.
Surgical removal of fibroids has no implication in your current illness.
Pertaining to 2 episodes of intense headache, its very important to assess its cause by getting an MRI brain.Further management can be based on this test report.
With regards to fainting spells, possible Orthostatic hypotension might be the leading cause.Autonomic dysfunction can be long term complication of Diabetes.
I advise you to get a tilt table test and an ECHO and ECG tests to rule out cardiac issues of syncope.
Based on test results, if cardiac causes are ruled out and OH is diagnosed then its important to start a short course of FLUDROCORTISONE.
Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these tests and pills to you.
Additionally, I advise you to maintain adequate hydration via 3-4 liters of drinking water every day.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Weight loss after fibroid removal
- Suggest treatment for bloating with dizziness and headaches
- Missing period got fibroid removed by laparotomy taking medication treatment
- Uterine fibroids removal options
- Cause and treatment for headache and the dizziness
- Fibroid removal side effects
- Fertility after fibroid removal
- Lupride injection for fibroid removal
- Suggest treatment for vertigo with headaches and dizziness
- Treatment for uterine fibroids removal