Suggest treatment for distorted vision

Ophthalmologist
Question
Sometimes I get wacky vision. I see squiggly floating things, if I look at something it looks distorted or missing parts. then the anxiety sets in. No pain. It lasts about 20 min and then everything's back to normal. I usual get maybe 3 a yr but notice I'm having them more often. what could th*is be?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be migraine or transient ischemia.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.
I am Dr. Dadapeer K an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having problemof sudden onset of seeing floating things and distorted vision for few minutes.
These symptoms are typically seen as a part of migraine.
The other things that need to be ruled out are transient ischemia of retinal vessels as in vascular problems affecting the carotid arteries or retinal vessels.
Since you are having recurrent attacks and the number has increased now this requires evaluation by your physician.
Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.
Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for distorted vision 25 minutes later
I work in a big office with old florescent lights and my comp screen has a glare could that be triggering these migraines because that's where I am when they happen

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes old fluorescent lights can be a cause.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for the follow up question.

Migraine attack can be triggered by many causes like dim illumination, very bright lights, certain foods like curds..., stress....
Hence it is possible that working in old fluorescent lights can be a trigerring cause in your case.
Since you are having recurrent attacks use of prophylactic drugs like beta blockers or flunarizine will help you to prevent these recurrent attacks.

Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and prescription of drugs.

Thank you
With regards