question-icon

Suggest treatment for dissolved wax in right ear

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: had a cold and hearing in right ear is down due crusted blood. thought it could be wax and used Debrox.
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
I would advice you consult ENT specialist as soon as possible.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query , reviewed your medications and understand your concern.

As per your clinical history it appears that you are most probably having dissolved wax in right ear .

If I were your treating Doctor for this case , I would advice you
continue Debrox ear drop 4 drops four times a day for 5 days .
Use Tab Allegra at night for cold & itching in ear .

Consult ENT specialist & get ear cleaning done under microscope with suction machine .
Stop using ear bud to clean ear it will push wax much deeper hard to remove .

Hope it is helpful to you . If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist