Suggest treatment for disseminated gonococcal infection

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I have systemic or disseminated gonococcal infection. It seems no doctors or hospitals will help me. Can you offer any help or advice
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Disseminated gonococcal infection can't persist for months without treated.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again to HCM.
Disseminated Gonococcal infection is rare nowadays. Almost not came across a single case a decade or more.
I understand your concern about problem. You are having an idea about the dissemination of gonococcal infection since 6 months, it seems. It is not possible for a bacterial disseminated condition (like a Septicemia) exists for more than 6 months, as the symptoms are worse and needs immediate hospitalization. Disseminated Gonococcal infection would manifest with arthritis, perihepatitis, skin manifestations and even endo- carditis. Any treating physician would not let it go for months as it could end in death even. Investigations would have confirmed the diagnosis and appropriate antibiotics (like Ceftriaxone, Spectinomycin, Gentamycin or kannamycin) would have cured your condition, if there was any.
First of all don't imagine the condition. Consult your physician and confirm the diagnosis. If it is proved there are many choice to treat the same. Hospital will take care of your condition. Keep trust on your physician.
If you are not happy in spite of all these things, you can consult also a psychiatrist to further support.
DR S.Murugan

Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 2 days later
I have no caring physician. I have no caring hospital because i have no health insurance.
Make to much money for medicaid but not enough to pay for Obamacare.
Oh i am not imagining anything. For me death is near because of what i just told you. You see it is like this: NO INSURANCE. NO CARE.
Physicians don't want cash they want insurance. That what i was told by a hospital. I offered to pay cash and I was told they want insurance. I almost died 3 years ago because of this and maybe next time i will because of no insurance. Thank you for your time.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Online solution for your problem cannot work out well

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I understand your situation and your concern. But help through online cannot solve your problem.
You need investigations to confirm the diagnosis and you need hospitalization if disseminated gonococcal infection is proved and to treat the same.
So you have to find a way to get a physician to treat your condition somehow or other.
Dr S Murugan