Suggest treatment for discomfort in the ribs

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi.. I have been having right sided discomfort that is located about the level of my lower 1/3 of my ribs. It does go completely around the right side, front and back. I have been having low grade temps at random also. Nothing more than 100.2. just enough to feel yuck. This has been going on for the last two months. My Dr ordered a 2 view chest x ray. The results were mild atelectasis of the right lower lobe and moderate elevation of the right side of my diaphragm. Also lab work that was normal except mild liver enzyme elevation. I am obese at about 250lbs. Should this be of concern or not? The Dr told me my x ray was normal and is recommending physical therapy.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gallstones are the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

I am pretty sure that you suffer from gallatones. Obesity is a risk factor of that.
Simple abdominal ultrasound should confirm it. Laparoscopic surgery can be used to treat this condition.

Hope this helps.
Regards.