Suggest treatment for discomfort in stomach just below ribs and gas problem
i m feeling discomfort in stomach, exactly below ribs.
i feel little pain when i press that area. its 2 3 weeks as of now. i m taking some ayurvedic medicine, n the that doctor told not to worry but also told me that there seems to be swelling in liver.
i m also controlled on eating habbits.
burp n gas problem even if i m taking home food.
no smoking, 1bear a week.
taking home food only.
please let me know how should i proceed...
Not to worry.
Hi XXXXXXX .
Welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thank you for posting your query.
I can understand your concern.
Discomfort in the upper abdomen could be due to gastritis , peptic ulcer disease , hepatitis or even pancreatitis. It would have been great had I examined you on my own.
I would suggest you to
- not worry
- Stop alcohol ,smoking
- Avoid oily,spicy food
- Have a bland diet.
- get a blood hemogram , liver function test , amylase ,lipase, urea, creatinine ,blood glucose done
- I would start tablet Pantoprazole . Your doctor can guide on the exact dosage
- get an ultrasound abdomen done.
- get an upper GI endoscopy done
I would also suggest you to visit a gastroenterologist. He/she can examine you and correlate clinically.
Hope this helps.
Write back to us.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gas problem and pain in stomach
- Lower back pain stomach cramps gas problem missing periods treatment
- Stomach gas problem totke
- Gas problem bubbling sounds in stomach suggestion
- Irritation in stomach gas problem
- Stomach gas problems in women
- Causes of stomach gas problems
- Ayurveda treatment for gas problem
- Suggest treatment for stomach gas
- Meth stomache gas problem