question-icon

Suggest treatment for discolouration on the face

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015
Question: I am have discoloration on face, what would be the best cream to even out tone?
Answered by Dr. Jignesh Gorasia (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Please come up with few more information or else consult a dermatologist...

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM and be assured that I will do my best to solve your problem.
First of all, I would like to know whether you are having any kind of skin diseases like albinism or hyper pigmentation, etc. Also want to know that if you are suffering from any other medical illness like diabetes, hypertension, any hormonal problem, etc. Also tell me whether you have taken any kind of treatment before for similar problems.
According to your problem, i could not figure out which kind of discoloration on face you are having, so please elaborate your question and get back to me with all necessary information. Hyper pigmentation can be treated by topical medications. Or you can consult a good dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment. You can also post a clincial image of the discoloration for me to inspect.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Jignesh Gorasia