Suggest treatment for discoloration of lips and forehead

Dermatologist
Question
the area around my lips and eyes plus my forehead is blakish.how can i get rid of it?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pigmentation treatment

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to healthcare magic.

I understand from your query that you are having pigmentation around your eyes, lips and forehead.

The possibilities for pigmentation problem around these areas include melasma, perioral dermatitis, lichen planus pigmentosus and acanthosis nigricans.

These are different entities which need to be treated differently.

In general, you will benefit from using a broad spectrum sunscreen ( like Neutrogena ultrasheer dry touch sunblock) every 4 hours during day time.

At bedtime, use a lightening cream containing 2% Kojic acid and vitamin C on the pigmented areas for 3- 4 months.

You could also get chemical peels like glycolic acid based peels done by a dermatologist.

However, it is better if you upload clear picture so that I can assess the problem better.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'

Please revert back.

Dr. Johny Chacko