Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

137 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for discoloration of lips and forehead

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
the area around my lips and eyes plus my forehead is can i get rid of it?
Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pigmentation treatment

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to healthcare magic.

I understand from your query that you are having pigmentation around your eyes, lips and forehead.

The possibilities for pigmentation problem around these areas include melasma, perioral dermatitis, lichen planus pigmentosus and acanthosis nigricans.

These are different entities which need to be treated differently.

In general, you will benefit from using a broad spectrum sunscreen ( like Neutrogena ultrasheer dry touch sunblock) every 4 hours during day time.

At bedtime, use a lightening cream containing 2% Kojic acid and vitamin C on the pigmented areas for 3- 4 months.

You could also get chemical peels like glycolic acid based peels done by a dermatologist.

However, it is better if you upload clear picture so that I can assess the problem better.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'

Please revert back.

Dr. Johny Chacko
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist