Suggest treatment for discoloration near eyebrow

Dr. Praveen

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: A few weeks ago I noticed a strange discoloration near my eyebrow. Then 3 days ago the same thing is near my other eyebrow. It doesn't hurt or have a different feel to it. I am 45 but I think I am too young for age spotting on my face. Or am I?

Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could you upload the snaps

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for giving me an opportunity to address your query.

I would be glad to understand the location of discoloration(outer 1/3rd or inner 2/3rd of eyebrow).

I shall be able to help you better if you can upload the snaps of discolored area.
Hope you shall upload the pics.

Await your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Praveen 2 hours later
How do I do that? I have pics but need an address to send them to. And it is the outer part of the brow.
Answered by Dr. Praveen 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Search for upload reports on HCM

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for writing me back.

You can upload using the option(upload reports) which is on healthcare magic.

Hope this will help.
Follow up: Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Praveen 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suspect low platelet count

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for sharing the attachments.

I suspect a low platelet count(thrombocytopenia) and do a Complete Blood Count (CBC) to rule out the same.

I would like to know if you may have such discoloration or tiny red spots anywhere on your body?
Do you any history of frequent bleeds (nosebleed etc)?

In the absence of this, it is equally important to rule out Seborrhea which can be confirmed by a KOH smear.

Hope this answers your query.