Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for discoid eczema

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
I have a red spot on my arm about the size of a bean. It does not itch and is not painful I thought it was a bite of some kind at first, but it seems to be slowly getting larger. It has been there for about 4 weeks. I t is fairly flat but the skin within it looks a bit bumpy.
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide pictures

Detailed Answer:

From the description alone, it is difficult to reach an exact diagnosis .
I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition.
Kindly click some close up pictures of the skin condition and upload them here on this page.
Also please tell if you have been applying anything over it?
Any associated pain or discomfort or itching?

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for discoid eczema 14 minutes later
I have sent you two pictures. There is no itching, no pain and no discomfort.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discoid eczema, should get better

Detailed Answer:

I have seen the attached pictures .
The skin lesion seems like discoid eczema.
You should apply a topical steroid cream like cortisone cream over use the area twice a day.
You can use the medicine for a week.
In case, the lesion tends to persist even after a week of treatment or it tends to increase, than I would advise you to see a local dermatologist for direct assessment and examination under magnification .

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor