Suggest treatment for discoid eczema

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a red spot on my arm about the size of a bean. It does not itch and is not painful I thought it was a bite of some kind at first, but it seems to be slowly getting larger. It has been there for about 4 weeks. I t is fairly flat but the skin within it looks a bit bumpy.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi

From the description alone, it is difficult to reach an exact diagnosis .
I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition.
Kindly click some close up pictures of the skin condition and upload them here on this page.
Also please tell if you have been applying anything over it?
Any associated pain or discomfort or itching?

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 14 minutes later
I have sent you two pictures. There is no itching, no pain and no discomfort.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discoid eczema, should get better

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have seen the attached pictures .
The skin lesion seems like discoid eczema.
You should apply a topical steroid cream like cortisone cream over use the area twice a day.
You can use the medicine for a week.
In case, the lesion tends to persist even after a week of treatment or it tends to increase, than I would advise you to see a local dermatologist for direct assessment and examination under magnification .

Dr Geetika Paul