Suggest treatment for discharge from bacterial bulge in stomach

Posted on Thu, 25 Sep 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I went to the doctors because there is a bacteria bulge coming out of my belly. I was prescribed with keflex and now I'm getting yellow discharge and normal blood coming out.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Umbilical Granuloma

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
This is most probably an umbilical granuloma.
The treatment is an antibiotic, which you have already taken. The blood and yellow discharge is suggestive of infected granuloma.
Surgical Specialist would explore to see the internal of it. Proper cleaning with liquid hydrogen peroxide and povidone iodine 4 times a day along with oral antibiotics clears this problem in most of the patients.

In few patients not responding to this treatment or has a large granuloma may need a small surgery to remove this and get cured.

Only a few number of patients can have an internal connection to the internal organ like the end part of the small intestine or urinary bladder. This is investigated by ultrasonography and / or CT scan of the abdomen. If positive the exploration and surgical removal of the tract is the solution.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 7 minutes later
This is what it looks like. I have had pain when walking, sitting down like sharp pain and even when lying to side to side. However now when lying down on back there is no pain. Only when I walk I have pain. Before it was sort of dry before using keflex but now it is soft bulge. Is this getting worse or better?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Umbilical granuloma

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the photograph.
This is Umbilical granuloma, please go ahead with Surgery.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 4 minutes later
Before this I was an innie belly button and I had no problems before. So I need a surgery? Do I need it urgently? I don't have much pain now.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Earlier the better

Detailed Answer:
With the symptoms and the picture you have provided, earlier the better for surgery.
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon