• question-icon

Suggest treatment for disc protrusion at L5 region

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi Doctor,

My dad was diagnosed with disc protrusion (disc bulge) at L5 region and had an endoscopy 10 days ago. Previously he had severe symptoms like numbness and, tingling sensation in the feet and was unable to walk for more than 5 minutes. However, even after the endoscopy was done, he is still feeling numbness in the feet. Can you suggest how long would he take to recover and any possible ways to have faster recovery?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload your reports.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

Numbness and tingling in feet can be manifestations of lumbosacral region radiculopathy as well as neuropathy. I would suggest you to please upload your MRI spine report so that I have an idea of your L-S disc issues. Further, I suggest that you should get your Nerve conduction studies of lower limbs.That will help in differentiating neuropathy and radiculopathy.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist