Suggest treatment for disc prolapse causing pinching nerves
Take treatment as advised and upload Mri images
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
For disc prolapse causing pinching nerves the treatment is as follows.
First pain killers with muscle relaxant along with pain modulator like pregabalin or amitryptiline or gabapentin are used in increasing doses.
Second physiotherapy remains an important part of management for strengthening the back muscles.
Surgical options are to be explored if the pain is not controlled adequately despite medication intake, or there is neurodeficit in form of weakness, sensory loss or bladder symptoms.
The best person for surgical procedure will be neurosurgeon for spine.
The procedure type depends upon the condition of disc, amount of prolapse, number of disc involvement, condition of foramina.
You can upload Mri images for better assessment regarding this.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
Upload Mri images
You can upload images in a compiled pdf format for review. If not possible then upload the report.
Actual situation can only be assessed by imaging.
You can also upload prescription of treating doctors.
Continue physiotherapy and medications as advised.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drprabhu thilak advice regarding disc prolapse treatment
- Disc prolapse causes
- Treatment and cure for chronic disc prolapse
- Treatment for para central disc prolapse
- Treatment and cure for Lumbar disc prolapse
- Treatment for disc prolapse at l45 causing impingement of nerve
- Lumbar disc prolapse causes
- Chronic disc prolapse causes
- Treatment and cure for Disc prolapse
- Cervical disc prolapse treatment