Suggest treatment for disc bulge at the level of L4-L5
Medical treatmnent can help you.
Thanks for posting your query.
The report attached is suggestive of a disc bulge at the level of L4-L5.
Please attached a scanned copy of the report for a clearer interpretation.
The treatment is done according to the severity of symptoms. If there is mild nerve root compression then medicines are the first line treatment along with physiotherapy. If the patient responds well with medicines then physiotherapy helps in preventing further progression of the problem. Surgery is kept as a last resort to improve the quality of life of the patient.
The main treatment of such problem is bed rest along with pain killers and muscle relaxants. Muscle relaxants can help with your symptoms if used in appropriate dosage in combination with a potent analgesic. You can get these prescribed from your orthopedician.
Local analgesic gels and hot fomentation may provide a short term relief. You can use analgesic gels like Volini gel. Exercise is not advisable in the times of acute pain.
Using an LS contour belt of appropriate size might be helpful in providing support to back muscles.
Physiotherapy also plays a major role in treating such conditions. Epidural steroid injections have been used if oral pain killers are not very effective and surgical treatment is not considered.
Discuss with your orthopedician and an appropriate treatment can be planned depending on the response to medical drugs.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- L4 -l5 mild diffuse disc bulge
- L5-s1 disc bulging treatment
- Treatment for cervical disc bulge
- Spinal disc bulge treatment
- Is there any non-surgical treatment for l4-l5 disc bulge
- L4-l5 disc bulging
- L5 disc bulging
- Suggest exercises for l4-5 disc bulging
- Treatment for thoracic disc bulge
- Suggest treatment for lower limb pain due to disc bulge
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?