Suggest treatment for digestion problems

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi,
I have been facing gas trouble from some years. The problems include

> unable to process some foods like corn etc sometimes
> need to pass stool more than once in a day
> feeling pain some times in lower abdomen
> various sounds are coming from stomach before, while and after food intake.

please suggest some way to get out of this

thanks
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that the symptoms that you are telling are common for many stomach disorders so for establishing a diagnosis investigations are required.

I will suggest you to get USG Abdomen , stool r/m done to look for any pathology.Since you dont report any weight loss , blood in stools , fever so the problem will not be worrisome .

There is a high probability of IBS (Irritable bowel Syndrome) but all other causes have to be excluded before reaching to this diagnosis.

Dr. Shruti