Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for digestion problems

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I have been facing gas trouble from some years. The problems include

> unable to process some foods like corn etc sometimes
> need to pass stool more than once in a day
> feeling pain some times in lower abdomen
> various sounds are coming from stomach before, while and after food intake.

please suggest some way to get out of this

Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that the symptoms that you are telling are common for many stomach disorders so for establishing a diagnosis investigations are required.

I will suggest you to get USG Abdomen , stool r/m done to look for any pathology.Since you dont report any weight loss , blood in stools , fever so the problem will not be worrisome .

There is a high probability of IBS (Irritable bowel Syndrome) but all other causes have to be excluded before reaching to this diagnosis.

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor