• question-icon

Suggest treatment for digestion issues and food allergies

Posted on Sat, 8 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Yes, I have always had problems with digestion and food allergies. When I try to take things to make me better, I get worse. For instance, anything with a softgel cap makes me sick. even if its not gelatin. So fatty things are probably the least happy thing to digest. I once had a gall bladder function test and it was 40%. But some supplements just drive me so down, it kind of shuts down my brain and my energy, until I can "trick it back up" with caffeine, chocolate or a sugar rush. It is so weird. I don't know anyone who has this. Could it be gallbladder or maybe a "tube" that is too small in my digestive area??? It is not nausea, but more like a shut down.....got any ideas??? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
indigestion

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM

I do understand your concerns

With such presentations in my clinic, I advise my patient for a life style change like this-

1)Try to avoid foods which trigger your indigestion.
2)Try to avoid large meals rather eat small meals
3)Try to avoid tea and coffee
4)Try to avoid painkillers
5)control stress and anxiety
6)Do regular exercise to lose weight

Despite life style modification if your indigestion persists then as a first choice you can take an antacid tablet or liquids. Do take one proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole which is an OTC medication.

Do one current ultrasound and endoscopy examination, if already done attach reports.

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo