Suggest treatment for difficulty in ejaculation and brown semen

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am 79 and recently ny sperm stopped completely but now it is quite brown and I am sure it is not blood
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Prostatitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed brown colored semen since couple of days.This is mostly due to infection of Prostate (Prostatitis)

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have other Urinary symptoms like frequency,burning,urgency etc?
2) Are you taking any drugs for other illness.?

The brown colored semen is mostly due to infection of Prostate (Prostatitis).

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to establish diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and urine culture .
2) Semen examination and Semen Culture
3) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis
4) Serum PSA.

Start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Augmentin along with anti inflammatory medicine like Diclofenac twice daily .You may need you to take medicines for 3-4 weeks.

Ensure to drink more water.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 12 hours later
Thanks for your email .I take amitrytyne provostatin and zapain. I have no other problems and have just had PSA which was excellent can I get the drugs you mention from a pharmacy
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take medications for 2-3 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

Please take medications suggested in my reply earlier and do write if you need my help .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Sorry but I need to know the following. If left untreated will it clear itself as long as I drink lots of watert. Also can I get the antibiotics you mentioned from a pharmacy or can you send me a presciption many thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to take antibiotics tocombat infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

Taking water may help to some extent but tou need to take antibiotis to combat infection.

Augmentin or any antibiotics are available only on prescription of a qualified Physician .I am sorry I can not issue a prescription as our medical ethics do not permit us to issue prescription of drugs unless I have not carried out clinical examination of a patient in person.

You need to get it from your family physician.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist