Suggest treatment for difficulty in conceiving
Since last October 2014 we are not using protection.
My periods are also regular since one year.
I was expecting my period for this month of April to come on 19 April but since then I have not got period. I am thinking that I am pregnant and might be because of that I have no got my period. From 19 April unitl today which is 30 April I have used pregnancy test kit for 5 times on different date but the test is always negative. I want the baby and I am afraid that my period has also not come and my pregnancy test is also negative so if there is any problem with me and I need to do something to resolve that.
I am looking for the advice that, shall I wait some more time to Confirm my pregnancy or shall I go and do some lab tests to confirm that.
Please advice on this and if some lab tests are required let me know what are those so that I can go and do that at a clinic. Also advice if any test require to be done empty stomach.
visit an obstetrician to get more accurate pregnancy blood tests done
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
I understand your anxiousness regarding your health.
Pregnancy tests are designed to tell if your urine or blood contains a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). The hormone hCG is produced after a fertilized egg attaches to the wall of the uterus.
Urine home pregnancy tests give quicker results and are about 97% accurate.
Always remember the test should be done after 10 days of missed periods to get accurate results.
However, you may still be pregnant if:
1. The UPT test kit is past its expiration date.
2. The test was done the wrong way.
3. You tested too soon.
4. You consumed large amounts of fluid right before the test making your urine
is too diluted.
5. You are taking certain medications, such as diuretics or antihistamines.
You can visit an obstetrician to get more accurate pregnancy blood tests done i.e;
1. A qualitative hCG test .
2. A quantitative hCG test (beta hCG) measures the exact amount of hCG in your blood. It can find even very low levels of hCG.
These pregnancy tests can measure the concentration of hCG, they may be helpful in tracking any problems during pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Problem conceiving after tb treatment
- What could be the treatment to conceive
- Wat is the treatment for pcod to conceive
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for difficulty in swallowing
- Abdominal tuberculosis treatment conceive
- Conceiving after progyluton treatment
- Irregular periods difficulty in conceiving treatment advise
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty
- Conceiving after tb treatment