Suggest treatment for difficulty in conceiving while undergoing infertility treatment

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hello Doctor!

My name is XXXX and I'm trying to conceive since a year and a half but no success. This month I underwent a follicular study with very good results as reported by my gynaecologist. I received 3 FSH injections in my lower abdomen first then a muscular inj. Perhaps known as HCG or something. Then they asked me to have intercourse for 10 days regularly plus We were having intercourse already since 7 days continuously. Now please I just want to know if it's possible that I'll conceive or how many XXXXXXX cycles does it take. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Semen analysis and HSG needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

I understand your concerns about infertility. While trying naturally there is about 15 percent chances of pregnancy.

In order to comment on your concern and to guide you better, I would like to review few tests results. Therefore if possible, get few basic investigations:

1. Your husband's semen analysis is needed to see if it is normal.

2. Get HSG ( hysterosalpingogram) for yourself to see if your fallopian tubes are patent.

If you have already performed the tests, please upload it on this page.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 47 hours later
Thank you for replying doctor. My husband has already done his semen analysis 3 times this year itself and the results were normal as said by the doctor also she put my husband on Maxoza L sachets which he's already taking since 3 months now. Regarding HSG she asked me to wait for the response of this follicular study as it was done first time. So yes I haven't done that test yet.
I just have a curiosity to know if may conceive. The medications I'm taking are Cozim-Q capsules, Oviable Plus, Oviage DSR, Cabergolin twice a week. Please help
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HSG is next step

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for additional details.

It is good to know that your husband's semen analysis is good.

Your follicles are coming well as you said. Hence next option would be to go ahead with HSG test for yourself if you dont conceive this cycle.

The medicines you are taking are not required. I don't prescribe them to my patients.

Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 hours later
Ok Doctor... Thank you so much... God forbid if I don't conceive this cycle I'll go for HSG... But just for my information I want to know how will it be helpful to us in conceiving, will it increase my chances of conceiving? Waiting for your reply. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes. it increases

Detailed Answer:

Yes. HSG will definitely increase chances of pregnancy.

Don't worry you have good chances of pregnancy.

You can contact me directly by pasting following link in your browser:

http://bit.ly/askdrmaheshkoregol
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist