Suggest treatment for difficulty in breathing and cough

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I am experiencing asthmatic symptoms with restricted breathing and coughing with mucus in lungs (for first time in my life) after being outside for 2 weeks. I currently and have always lived in OKC and the tree pollen is currently high for cedar (red and mountain). I have also been experiencing red swollen eyelids for the past 2 months. Why would this be starting now for the first time and is there any additional tx I should do?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should also take montelukast.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In some individuals late onset allergic asthma is seen.
You are mostly having having this only.
This also depends on allergen load. More load, more chances of asthma and more symptoms.
Since there is high pollen load this time, you developed allergic asthma.
I have gone through the drug list you are taking.
In my opinion, you should also take montelukast (anti allergic).
Combination of montelukast and levocetrizine is easily available. You should take it once a day at night time. This will help you more.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Thank you. Can I get those over the counter? What are branded names?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I am not sure if they are available over the counter in your part of world.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on HealthcareMagic.
I can understand your concern.
Well I am not sure if this combination is available over the counter in your part of world.
I am giving you some trade names.
Montair LC, montek LC, odimont LC, levocet M etc.
Try if any of these is available over the counter.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy