• question-icon

Suggest treatment for difficulty breathing and disturbed sleep

Posted on Mon, 24 Nov 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: hello Dr this is XXXXXXX I had more discussions about my son XXXXXXX condition.adenoid.till date we waited it get better result without adenoidectomy. but now he really suffers to breath....night full,even day time he is mouth breathing.his face is always with open mouth.sleep is disturbed n turns all over,its totally irregular n no flow of breath. so we are planning to go Adenoidectomy. i wanted to know what are the procedur what type surgery is besT.
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Adenoidectomy

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Adenoidectomy is a fairly simple procedure especially done by an expert and should be done in general anesthesia.

The method of direct curettage and removal is the most commonly used and the best provided you make sure the surgeon also uses an endoscope to confirm the complete removal of adenoids.

The rest period is around five days and after recovery I am sure your son will have a good quality of life improvement after the surgery

My earnest advice is that you must go for the surgery as soon as possible and if you need further advice you can always get back to me

Dr Sriram Nathan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Sriram Nathan 4 hours later
Thank u Dr.
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

You are welcome, sorry for the late reply. Just make sure that that endoscopic examination is done

regards

Dr Sriram Nathan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Dr. Sriram Nathan

ENT Specialist