Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

192 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for difference in left and right side bones and muscles

Answered by
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :1998

Answered : 5165 Questions

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, I am 27 years old and I am real concerned with my bone health... The left side of my body has longer bones, weaker muscles & bones whereas my right side is smaller but bones/muscles feel strong and sturdy... What does this mean? It almost feels like muscle is hanging off my bones whenever I make a muscle or "flex". I've done all measurements and my foot, knee, thigh, torso, neck and head are all slightly larger than my right side.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need investigate like CPK blood level, EMG-NCV

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

As per your history there is possibility of cerebral palsy mild variety or muscular dystrophy.
You may need investigate like CPK blood level, EMG-NCV [nerve conduction study].
I will advise to consult orthopaedic surgeon for clinical examination and further investigation.
Due to reduced tone there can be flabby XXXXXXX on muscles.
Due to altered vascular supply there can be relative discrepancy on left and right side of body.
You interpretation may not be significant.

Hope this helps. Wish you speedy recovery.

Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 29 minutes later
What would exactly would they do in a clinical examination? Would the clinical examination determine which condition I have or would they also need blood work?
And an orthapaedic surgeon is the specialist to see for this matter?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:

By neurological examination they will asses muscle tone ,reflex,power,sensation,compare both sides.

Yes they may require blood if its not cerebral palsy.

Yes orthopaedic surgeon is specialist for that,you can also consult neurophysician.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Nerve

doctor1 MD

working this morning - dog i and out- hot in bathroom with bowel movement and heart beating fast and head pounding hard. I have a frontal problem with my heart and blood pressure issues .Have 3 rod in back and 6 screws plus another nerve damage to another 5 or 6 spinal nerve damage?????

doctor1 MD

Hi thanks for taking time to share.
I have a pinched nerve in my foot following an injury/scar. the sensation is similar to how mortons nueroma is descibed. is there a way for me to non surgically heal the nerve or to permanently numb or kill the nerve without damaging anything else?
thanks again

doctor1 MD


doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, I need an analysis (a second opinion ) on MRI Scan/Film. Patient was diagnosed for ALS -Although I dont too much agree with this. The scanned film/documents can be found here:...

doctor1 MD

Hi, my wife, 71, had a sudden heat flash in her torso(no where else) and a general overall sense of unease or shakiness as she described it twice this morning that lasted less than 5minutes. She has clammy skin and other than that no other...

doctor1 MD

Sir my papa is now 45 and he is suffering from last 2 year in nerv disabilyties. he is ok now, but his words are not clear as ours and his right side hand is not working as well. Is physiotherapy is the only treatment of this? What can I do ? Please help me.

doctor1 MD

My MIR report reads: well circumscribed mass in the left paradoxical muscle at the level of c4_5 deep to the left semispinalis muscle belly . Marginally increased from 9x8x14mm to12x11x16 . There is a slight mass effect and deviation of surrounding muscles.Impression: previously noted mass along g left paraspinal muscle at c4_5 has very marginally increased from 4_17_13. It does show enhancement and could represent a small peripheral nerve sheath tumor or other soft tissue mass. My question is ? What s is the next step? From reading this report, is this something I should be alarmed about?