Suggest treatment for diarrhea

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question:
Why would a doctor prescribe these 3 medications together for a person who has been having diarrhea for about 4 weeks now: tecta, alevian duo and Enterogermina? I'm concern about the tecta and alevian duo especially since there's limited information on the alevian duo. Thank you in advance.
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Safe medicines which do not interact with each other.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

Tecta is a very safe medicine used to reduce the level of the acid in the stomach. It is a proton pump inhibitor.
Alevian duo is used to treat the symptom of diarrhea by reducing the intestinal transit, by reducing the spasms and by lowering the inflammation of the bowel if any.
Enterogermina is a probiotic. It is very helpful to stabilize the normal bacteria of the bowel. It doesn't cause any side effect.

The 3 medicines do not interact with each other.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T