Suggest treatment for diarrhea

Posted on Fri, 5 May 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Having loose motion..gone 9 times since midnight. Had outside food day before. Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Kampana 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take anti-diarrhoeal tablet and home remedies.

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns. Your symptoms are due to infection from the food you had outside before and also it is common in summer.

I would suggest you to take over the counter drug tab. Loperamide 2 mg once after food and later as and when required. You can take Enterogermina respules (probiotic) three times daily for 2 days.

It would be best if you have curds, buttermilk and tender coconut water to replenish the lost fluids.

In case your symptom persist or worsens it is best to meet your physician for a detailed examination and treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Kampana