Suggest treatment for diarrhea
Gastroenteritis, mostly viral , requires symptomatic treatment
Most cases of gastroenteritis are caused by viruses and requires only symptomatic treatment, consuming contaminated foods or drinks is another common cause.
You do not need antibiotic and also not anti diarrhoeal agent. But you have taken it (loperamide), kindly wait for few hours. You can take Racecadotril, which is anti diarrhoeal agent.
I would suggest you to drink plenty of water or electrolyte solutions to prevent dehydration.
Add bland foods to your diet, such as bananas, toast, oatmeal and rice in small amounts every couple of hours. Avoid spicy food. Restrict meat for few days.
You can take curd which will be beneficial.
Probiotics like Sporolac or Ecobion will be beneficial.
In case if your symptoms persist, I would suggest you to go to ER.
Hope this helps
If you don't have further queries, kindly rate and close the post.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Viral gastroenteritis may take two to three day to reduce
Viral gastroenteritis may take two to three day to reduce. But if you are tired, and dehydrated, I would suggest you to see local doctor fit examination, they on examination can decide on the need of iv fluids.
Hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and peeling skin
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea caused by metranidazole
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- Diarrhea and treatment
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea when on zoloft
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea