• question-icon

Suggest treatment for diarrhea

Posted on Wed, 22 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have had watery diarrhea for 6 days. I have only been eating soup and crackers and have been taking Pepto. My stomach cramps are mild, and I do not have nausea or vomiting.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care and rehydration

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. It appears like a stomach flu / gastroenteritis . But crackers and soup is not the answer. It ma rather worsen it. Use BRAT diet ( banana, rice, applesauce and toast) , green tea, pomegranate juice till full recovery and use some pedialyte solutions or other electrolyte solutions for rehydration. Take some imodium for diarrhea as well along with Pepto . Wait for the symptoms for 72 hours and if still don't go away, then seek a doctor, let them run some stool analysis and blood work up to sort out other possibilities.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan