Suggest treatment for diarrhea

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: MY HUSBAND HAS HAD BAD WATERY DIAHERA SINCE FRI AM , I HAVE PUSHED THE CLEAR FLUIDS AND DRY TOAST , SHOULD WE SEE A DR ? THANK YOU

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
If he is vomiting too much and is unable to eat or drink you should see a doctor.
Give his lots of Oral Rehydration Solution.
Provide me following details:
1. How many times a day is he passing stools?
2. Color of stool?
3. Any pain abdomen?
4. Any vomiting s?
5. Any blood in stool?
6. How is his urine output?
Revert with these details for a better help.

Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 20 minutes later
5 TO 6 TIMES
BROWNISH Water
yes pain abdomen
no vomiting
no blood
not much urine
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
See it's always better to see a doctor. Because an examination reveals many things. Also Blood pressure is important in this case
In general if BP is fine and the patient is not vomiting I advise following:
1. A combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.
2. A combination of antibiotic like Ofloxacin and Ornidazole.
3. To drink plenty of water and ORS.

If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay Healthy.