Suggest treatment for diarrhea

Posted on Mon, 12 May 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I've had diarrhea three days in a row starting around 5 in the afternoon. I've gone four/five times in a row every day. I don't have any movements in the morning. I have cramping, no vomitting. I take high blood pressure meds, also have cycstitus, and take meds for that. I've got some health food meds I'm taking for gall bladder attacks with I take three times a day along with acidophilus three times a day.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 7 hours later
Brief Answer: stool examination Detailed Answer: I think an antibiotic course may be needed. However I would suggest a stool examination prior to that. Meanwhile make sure you are on plenty of fluids. Remember, for every loosestool episode, you should replenish at least 200 ml of fluid. Meanwhile an antidiarrhoeal like racedrotil may help you to get dehydrated. Please let me know the reports of stool examination, The report should be available in 1-2 days Best of luck Dr Mittal
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist