Suggest treatment for diarrhea with jaundice

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have diarrhea jaundice stomach upset dark urine tired weak and waiting for blood test results from my
doctor.what does it sound like to you?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Diarrhea with jaundice, cramps, dark urine should be worked up for it could be mere gastroenteritis with or without complications. I would advise supportive care with diet and lifestyle modifications till the lab reports arrive. BRAT diet ( banana , rice , applesauce and toast) , guava, green tea, pomegranate juices and yogurt with peppermint helps. Keep taking imodium. Stay hydrated, use fluids for diet and see if it helps.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan