Suggest treatment for diarrhea while treating typhoid

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Tue, 17 Oct 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I had protected exposure with call girl on 2nd sept which was with high end escoet who charged 150000. I have taken p24 4th generation test on 21st sept which came negative. Can I rely on this report. Whether I need to undergo later test. What are the chances of later test coming positive.
I have typhoid during this period. Can I still rely on thr above report. I was having on and off fever and chills. Is it because of typhoid. Now I am on typhoid treatment for one week. I had diarrhea in morning is it due go typhoid and can it occur in spite of having anibiotics.
My white blood cells in blood report have reduced fr 31 to 21. Is it due to typhoid or hiv infection.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Protected exposure has a negligible risk for HIV infection.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
You had a protected exposure. So your HIV risk is almost nil.
P24 antigen part of 4th generation HIV test can pick up the infection as early as 1-2 weeks after the exposure in the presence of an infection. But this test can be taken as more conclusive after 3-4 weeks. You had your test 19 days after the exposure. So your test can not be considered as conclusive. Better repeat the test 12 weeks after the exposure (4th generation HIV COMBO/DUO test). That will be more conclusive and rule out both HIV 1 and 2. P24 antigen test can detect only HIV 1 and not HIV 2. At the same time HIV 1 is more prevalent throughout the world except certain XXXXXXX countries.
White blood cells count had not interpreted correctly in your query. Total WBC count would be in thousands, not in two digits,. Percentage expressed in two digits for the differential count of WBCs.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 5 minutes later
Thanks for your reply.
I am worried since one during exposure the condom slipped slightly but was intact and upper portion wad well covered. Then escort removed it with her hand and put new one. I believe she would have touched me during change of condom. Can this lead to infection. Also since escort charged 15000 are they good as broker claimed that they provide all safe girls. Can I rely on this.

Further whether the negative test on 19 day can become positive at 4th week or 12th week. I heard that 4th generation test can detect infection by 15 days post exposure. What are my chances of getting hiv infection based on above.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your HIV risk still remains negligible only.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Slipping of condom to a slight extent did not increase the HIV risk. Even if she had touched your penis while changing the condom, then also your HIV risk is negligible only.

Cost of the call girl could not certify her purity from infection.

4th generation HIV test can detect HIV 1 infection as early as 15 days, but could not be considered as conclusive.

HIV 2 can be ruled out only after 12 weeks.

As you had protected exposure, your HIV result would unlikely be reactive even after 12 weeks after exposure.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 21 minutes later
I read on website that 4th generation test antibody and antigen are for both hiv 1 and hiv 2. Is that not true as on my report also it is mentioned both hiv 1 and hiv 2.

Further I have read that this 4th generation report is 60% accurate on 19 day and 92% accurate on 28th day. And 100% accurate on 50th day. Is this true. Can I take one more test on 28 day to conclude. My doctor advised me that this report on 19 day is fine for me and I should not go for 28 day report again.
As I am worried I just want to ensure that I am close to 100% sure on hiv as this feeling is killing me.

Please help me.Also what are the chances of getting hiv 2 for my case.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV 2 risk is almost 'nil'

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back to HCM.
All those found in website are all 100% trustworthy.
4th generation HIV test is a combo/duo test consists of antigen detecting part and antibody detecting part. Antigen detecting part can detect only the HIV 1 and it becomes conclusive by 4 weeks (even though it can be detected well earlier) and the antibody detection part can detect the antibodies against HIV 1 and 2, but only after the appearance of antibodies inside the body which will be only after the window period and not earlier. So the test is most reliable after 12 weeks after the exposure to confirm or rule out both HIV 1 and 2.
You had protected exposure. Chance of getting both HIV 1 and 2 is almost'nil'.
Dr S.Murugan