Suggest treatment for diarrhea, vomiting, bloating and acid reflux

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: my Son had some Pizza with Spinach on it (he lives in Fl) since then he has had Watery stools, Vomiting,bloating, Acid Reflux, this all started Sat. night. to day he still has bloating, he states his stool movements aren't as bad??? he is still nauseous.
He went to a Urgent care they gave him Zofran I sure for the Nausea, an Bentyl???for his gut? Why don't Doctors's try to find out the problem instead of put a Bandaid on everything?
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can relax and advise him to take these medicines. He'll be OK soon.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

I'm Dr. Neel Kudchadkar and I'll help you real quick with this issue.

Let's get started. Lets keep it simple.

1. The Zofran is given for nausea. It's a drug called as Ondansetron.
2. The Bentyl is given for cramps in the stomach.
3. I am shocked and highly surprised that they did not give him
A. any antacid medicine-- This is for the acidity.
B. any medicine for gas and flatulence -- like AlOH.
C. any medicine for watery stools. Like Imodium.

4. I am taken aback that they did not investigate him for infections of the
gut and the bowels, which he has - it is a clear cut case of food poisoning.
XXXXXXX happened to eat a stale pizza. It's not his fault.

5. I am aghast finally that they did not give him an immediate combination
of anti- microbial antibiotic drugs like "Amoxycillin with Clavulanic acid"
popularly called as "Augmentin" AND an anti-protozoal drug called as
"Metronidazole".

YOUR SUSPICIONS WERE RIGHT. HURRY UP. If XXXXXXX had been given these medicines, by now, in 3 days (these medicines need to be given exactly for
3 days, it's a coincidence)

Anyway, your precociousness and premonitions have saved the day. XXXXXXX will be fighting fit in 24 hours after giving :

"Augmentin" + "Flagyl ER" + "Imodium" + "Intestinex" That's it. Conner's Fit!

You can feel free to ask me any further queries as regards this situation.
Kindly send an email to YYYY@YYYY with the
subject line "Attention: Dr. Neel Kudchadkar"

Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 51 minutes later
So do you think he should be on Augmentin, I know it has been 3 days, he is still symptomatic with the bloating,some diarrhea (he states not bad,he wouldn't tell me if it was running out his ears) When he calls or Text me about question about not feeling good,I know he is sick. He is a Healthy 24 year old 6"2', Young Man,Eats Healthy, Exercises,.
He states he is not running a Fever,but he has told me that before, my concern is if this continues now on day 4 only with Zofran for nausea.. Bentyl for Abd cramps, Food poisoning usually runs it coarse within 12 /48 hrs, this is a bit longer.

He still has Diarrhea Abd Bloating and acid reflux, so the Question to ask now now is this Viruses Vs Bacteria?
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, I agree with you and do this, it'll help instantly.

Detailed Answer:
Dear,

Food poisoning has no such time frame. When you mention 48 hours XXXXXXX you must remember that these patients are being treated with the right medications.
Thus, the germs are *killed within 24-48 hours* that's it. Yes.

Food poisoning does not cause any serious issues or any long lasting damage, or
something sinister. It's just called "food poisoning". It's as simple as a bad cold or a bad case of a headache. It's easily and rapidly fixed.

The "poisoning" part of food poisoning is not the same as being "poisoned" with
some lethal chemical. It's just a term. Words of the English language.

And Yes, the Bentyl and the Zofran ALONE are pretty useless for this situation.

I kindly request you to take the combination above.

"Augmentin" + "Flagyl ER" + "Imodium" + "Intestinex" That's it.

Kindly follow the instructions and get back to me.

OK AT WORST, IF HE CANNOT GET THESE MEDICATIONS NOW. ASK HIM NOT TO
EAT ANYTHING, AND TAKE ELECTRAL SOLUTION ("ELECTROLYTES" NOTE CAREFULLY). MIX IT IN A GLASS OF WATER AND HAVE IT ACCORDING TO THE
WAY THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN ON THE LEAFLET.

BY THE WAY. ELECTRAL DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY PRESCRIPTION. IT'S OTC.

HE'LL GET BETTER BY HIMSELF, BUT HE'LL GET BETTER FASTER IF HE TAKES
THE ABOVE MENTIONED MEDICATIONS.

Dr. Neel Kudchadkar.
Follow up: Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 1 hour later
If someone has Food Poisons,with normal symptoms,usually by the second day you feel a little better,72 hrs later you actually know your not going to die. Besides the normal to keep Hydrated,bucket by the Bed,etc,you really should not need to see a Doctor. When symptoms precise and continue to get worse,and this is 6 days 144 hrs later, I would think ANY E.R. Doc. with know the Protocol, an even if they didn't
surly they have a Manually,unless it was Hire the Handicap day. I'm not totally Illiterate to Medicine an Medicine Procedures,It's A Shame so Many Doctor's have forgotten why they went to Med.School. To many go by "Fat's" rules in the House of God,. Not enough R.D.'s( Real Doctors) to many M.D.'S(Medical Doctor's).
Dr. XXXXXXX Kudchadkar I agree with you he should have a gut test done Antibiotics etc,but now we will wait an see,I hope it's not Shigella,etc Thank you for your Advice XXXX
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
I'ts a pleasure.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Our interaction was really fulfilling.

Take care of your health,
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar