Suggest treatment for diarrhea, swollen abdomen, urinary retention and increased creatinine levels

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Had blood work done Monday cretin level was 2.5. My abdomal are is swollen, trouble peeing an diarrhea. . Should I go to the hospital
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
would be best to be seen as soon as possible

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Diarrhea is most commonly due to an infection of the gastrointestinal tract and, unless it is severe, it does not usually require hospital management but the swelling of the abdomen and problems passing urine may need assessment and treatment

An increase in creatinine can be found in kidney failure and kidney disease can cause fluid retention and swelling.

It would be best, in light of the increased creatinine, abdominal swelling and problems with urination, that you do go to the hospital for assessment.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions