Suggest treatment for diarrhea, stomach pain, IBS and body weakness
It may take 2-3 days to subside loose motions.
Welcome to health care magic,
I have read your query and understand the concern.
From your symptoms, you seem to be having acute infective diarrhea considering your loose stools with stomach pain.
Your weakness could be due to loss of water and electrolytes (sodium,potassium mainly) from the body.
So,before starting medications,it would be advisable to undergo routine blood counts,ESR,urine and stool tests with serum electrolytes especially sodium and potassium.
Generally,it might take 48 to 72 hours to subside loose motions following appropriate antibiotics and other symptomatic medications.
1) continue with ofloxacin with ornidazole antibiotic for at least 4 to 5 days with
2) antiemetic (ondasetron) if you feel nausea or vomiting,
3) antispasmodics (dicyclomine) if abdominal pain or discomfort twice or thrice daily.
4) prebiotics and probiotics (sporolac-DS) with racecadotril sachets with water 3 to 4 times a day to restore intestinal bacterial flora.
5) Take plenty of water with fruit juices (especially coconut water) to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in body.
6) Avoid heavy diet and take light or liquid diet for minimum 3 to 5 days.
7) Lopamide (Loperamide hydrochloride) can be taken 2 to 3 times a day which actually slows the movement of the intestines.
This allows water to be absorbed from the stool, so the stool becomes more firm.
All above medications are available over the counter except antibiotic and it might take 2 to 3 days to control watery motions.
Hope this detailed information will be helpful and i will be happy to answer if you need more clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stomach pain on lower right side diarrhea have ibs
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and stomach pain during pregnancy
- Metrogyl 400 stomach pain diarrhea treatment
- Taking mebiz for ibs gas stomach pain suggestions
- Ibs stomach pain and burping
- Treatment for diarrhea heartburn and stomach pain
- What are the treatments for diarrhea and stomach pain
- Pregnant stomach pain diarrhea suggestions
- Sore stomach pain with diarrhea constant cramps treatment
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?