Suggest treatment for diarrhea, nausea and stomach pain

Posted on Mon, 27 Feb 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have sudden onset of stomach nausea throughout the day and night that lasts for about 3-5 minutes then goes away, no vomiting or diarrhea just very upset stomach.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Is there any abdominal pain?
You can try an antacid and see if you are better.
Get your liver , kidney function tests and urea breath test done if the symptoms persist.
Do get back to me with your input.

Follow up: Dr. Noble Zachariah 18 minutes later
There is no pain just extreme onset of nausea. Which has been going on for about 3-4 months. I take nexium every day.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
You can do the blood tests now. If they are normal, stop the Nexium for a week and do the Urea breath test to see if you have a bacteria called H. Pylori in your stomach.
If you have symptoms you can take antacids after stopping Nexium.

Dr. Noble Zachariah