Suggest treatment for diarrhea, nausea and stomach cramps
Dear patient you are having Gastroenteritis.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
Most likely you are suffering from Gastroenteritis.It is an intestinal infection marked by diarrhoea, cramps, nausea, vomiting and fever.However its not necessary that all symptoms are there in a single patient.Depending on the cause, viral gastroenteritis symptoms may appear within one to three days after you're infected and can range from mild to severe. Symptoms usually last just a day or two, but occasionally they may persist as long as 10 days.
Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration–You need to drink more than usual to replace the fluids lost from vomiting and diarrhoea. Water is best, but you could also try fruit juice and soup.
Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
Get plenty of rest.
If you feel like eating, try small amounts of plain foods, such as soup, rice, pasta and bread.
Use special rehydration drinks made from sachets electral solution to maintain depleted electrolyte levels in serum.
Take anti-vomiting medication (such as zofran 4 mg twice daily ) and antidiarrhoeal medication (such as loperamide upto 16 mg a day) .
As already 10 days have passed its better to take 3 days antibiotic and anti protozoal course.
Tab Ofloxacin 200 mg twice a day(9a.m-9 p.m)
Tab Metronidazole 400 mg twice daily(9a.m-9p.m)
You would need a prescription.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diarrhea nausea stomach cramps sweating 65
- Suggest treatment for constipation with stomach cramps
- Stomach ache diarrhea nausea
- Stomach cramps diarrhea on antibiotics painkillers treatment
- Had diarrhea and stomach cramps treatment
- Diarrhea nausea chest pain cramps
- Nausea stomach cramps diarrhea
- Stomach pain diarrhea nausea chills
- Dizziness vomiting stomach cramps diarrhea treatment for symptoms
- Diarrhea nausea bubbly stomach taking promethazine suggestions