Suggest treatment for diarrhea in children
Continue Oral rehydration solution
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXXXXX
Diarrhea in children is usually self limiting. It requires supportive care by maintaining nutrition and hydration.
If the following criteria are fulfilled then there is no cause for concern
1. No blood in stools
2. Baby accepting feeds well
3. No signs of dehydration
4. Urine output adequate
Acute gastro-enteritis the principle of manegment is replace what is getting lost through stools by giving oral rehydration solution, maintaining nutrition to prevent dehydration.
I would suggest the following
1. Home made Oral rehydration solution: To a glass of boiled and cooled water add 20 gms or glucose or sucrose(Sugar) and a pinch of common table salt. Feed the child as much as possible. Alternate with Tender Coconut water or WHO recommended ORS can be used.
2. Maintain Nutrition: Dhal water, wheat porridge, rice water
3. Probiotics like Syrup Neutrolin B 5 ml twice a day for 3 days will be helpful
4. Syrup Wallamycin 5 ml three times a day for 3 days will be helpful
5. Curd rice will be beneficial
6. Avoid milk for next 1 week.
Consult Physician when you notice following red signs
1. Dry oral mucosa which implies dehdration
2. Absence of tears while crying
3. Blood/mucous in stools
5. Decreased movements and excessive sleepiness
In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy life
Dr Deepak Kishore
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and peeling skin
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea caused by metranidazole
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea when on zoloft
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea
- What is the treatment for diarrhea in children