Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant while on Emeset
Be patient. It would be back to normal soon.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Most often, diarrhea in children is due to viral cause. Irrespective of treatment, it usually lasts for 3-7 days and the mainstay of treatment is simple replenishment of the water and salt lost in the process. You need to give ORS (oral rehydration solution). You have done the right thing is giving zinc supplements along with probiotics. That she is active, indicates that she is not fluid depleted(dehydrated). All you need to do is to be patient and wait for full recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and peeling skin
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea caused by metranidazole
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- Treatment of oily diarrhea infant
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea when on zoloft
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever