Suggest treatment for diarrhea, back pain, lower right-sided abdominal cramps

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Diarrhea with back pack and stomach cramps on the lower right side accompanied by little burps....can I know the reason..it started only today ....
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibly it it a case of food poisoning.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

Without a personal physical examination of your abdomen and a general examination, the history of diarrhea along with abdominal cramps highly points to chances of this being a case of food poisoning. If I were your doctor, I would advise you to avoid eating from outside if you do to prevent further creeping in of intestinal infections (both bacterial and protozoal). Go for freshly cooked bland diet and plenty of liquids. In addition, I would advise you for a stool test for bacteria, ova and cyst, followed by a culture sensitivity if need be and also a complete blood count. After collection of the stool sample in the laboratory, I would prescribe you with a course of broad spectrum intestinal antibiotic and a probiotic along wth a proton pump inhibitor and an anti spasmodic if need be.
This should solve your problem in case of an intestinal infection.

I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts.

Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. I wish you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. M Y Shareef

General Surgeon